Hollywood isn’t the only place in the throes of awards season. I’m having a Sally Field moment! “You like me! You really like me!”. You see, I’ve been nominated for a Liebster award by two lovely, kind ladies, Ann and Katho, so instead of answering their combined 20 questions, I’ve taken five of each.
Here are the Official Rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.
- Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
- No tag-backs.
- You must tell all the blogs that you have nominated them.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words
Right now I’m hungry, happy and hot. Summer in Cape Town is no joke.
2. What’s your pet peeve?
People who eat and drink loudly. I just can’t. Seriously, I can’t. The potential serial killer in me comes out.
3. Cats or dogs?
Cats. (I had to say that because my cat is sitting right next to me and she’s feeling very sensitive today.)
4. What’s your take on bloggers’ award such as this?
It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers and it’s a very uplifting feeling when they think of you and nominate you.
5. Who is your role model?
I would definitely say a combination of people but my Mom, of course, is my number one role model. She absolutely led by example and was the kindest, bravest person I have ever met. She taught me so much and I continue to learn through her legacy every single day.
6. What’s a typical breakfast for you?
Ugh. Low fat Bulgarian yoghurt. I don’t dislike it, in fact, I quite enjoy it but an ideal breakfast would be bacon and eggs, savoury mince pancakes, fried mushrooms and tomatoes and warm croissants with butter. Followed by more pancakes with syrup and freshly brewed coffee.
7. Who makes you laugh the loudest?
Most things make me laugh. It really doesn’t take much but to be specific, it’s a toss up between my husband, my mother-in-law and my cat. Usually, all three make me laugh in a belly-clutching way every day. I fully believe a life without laughter is a life in perpetual darkness.
8. What’s your favourite mode of transport and why?
My broomstick. It’s multi-purpose, costs nothing in fuel and easy to store.
9. Sweet or savoury?
Both, but I have a profound affinity for sweets. I have a very good sweet tooth.
10. What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Cape Town in winter never stops raining. Never. It’s beautiful. I absolutely love the rain. On a weekend, my ideal Saturday or Sunday is spent cooking and baking for a family meal. Welcoming everybody into my home, lots of red wine, a fire and a hearty meal and hot dessert is my ideal rainy day. Hashtag happy place.
My 10 questions are:
1) My greatest wish for my blog is…
2) My greatest fear about blogging is…
3) What is something you recently discovered about yourself?
4) When was the last time you laughed out loud and who/what caused it?
5) When I woke up this morning, my first thought was…
6) What’s the most ridiculous purchase you’ve ever made?
7) The most annoying thing anyone can ever say to me is…
8) What is your favourite time of day and/or night?
9) What is the worst meal you’ve ever eaten?
10) Savoury pancakes or sweet?
I thus nominate:
Proud Momma of Girls
Divorce With Me
The Girl In Glasses
Apparently a Mom
No Plain Janie